Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

ClassyJewelryShop




Gold Dragonflies Purple, Green, and Gold Dichroic Glass Wire Wrapped Pendant

This medium-sized pendant is about 1 1/2" long (38 mm) and is just over 1" (28 mm) wide at its widest point. It is wrapped with 22 gauge gold-filled square wire.

This beautiful pendant will be sent in a nice gift box to the lucky recipient. This one-of-a-kind piece will likely attract many admirers and will be loved by most any woman, especially one that likes dragonflies and purple.

I made this pendant from three pieces of glass that I fully fused together in my kiln. I shaped the resulting crude cab by hand on a grinder with multiple diamond grits and fire-polished it in the kiln to regenerate its clear sides. This cab was properly annealed to maximize its strength and durability. Finally, I ground a groove all the way around the cab for the wire wrapping to sit securely in.

This beautiful pendant will look lovely on a chain from the recipient's collection (you can also request a free gold-plated chain at checkout if you tell me the length you want, or ask me to relist this item reserved for you as a necklace with a gold-filled chain, which I will give to you at my cost with the purchase of the pendant--convo me to discuss details).

I have additional wire-wrapped dichroic/art glass pendants in the pendant section of my shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ClassyJewelryShop?section_id=11117454

Alternatively, you can have me make a custom pendant for you from any pendant cab in my glass shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ClassyGlassShop

Turquoise, Silver, and Black Swirls Polymer Clay Earrings, Sterling Silver Wire Wrapped

These turquoise, silver, and black polymer clay earrings have a fun pattern of textured swirls and are set off nicely with Sterling silver wire-wrapping. Their handmade cabochons were hand-painted with pearl paints that give them a nice shimmer and somewhat of an antiqued appearance.

The cabs are wrapped with Sterling silver square wire and the fishhook ear wires are also Sterling silver (if you would prefer stud earring findings or a couple of added jumprings to lengthen the earrings and add movement, just add your request at checkout and I will make the changes before shipping the earrings).

The earrings hang about 1 1/4" (30 mm) below the earring finding and are just over 3/4" (20 mm) wide at their widest point.

I made the one-of-a-kind polymer cabs using a rubber stamp designed by Kimberly Crick. The cabs were sanded on the sides and bottom with multiple grit papers, then a groove was carved around their edges for the wrapping wires to sit in. They were hand-painted with pearlescent acrylic paints and are protected with a thick coat of an acrylic sealant.

These handmade, unique earrings will arrive in a nice ribboned gift box, ready to give to someone special or keep as a treat for yourself. Polymer clay cabs make very nice earrings that are comfortable to wear, as they are strong but light. This color combination is stunning, and should be loved by just about any woman.

The matching pendant is here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/196636622/turquoise-blue-silver-and-black-swirls?

I have a variety of other earring styles and colors in my Jewelry Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClassyJewelryShop?section_id=11000908

Seafoam Green Seed Bead Bracelet with Swarovski Crystal and a Large Glass Flower Clasp

This lovely bracelet has seafoam green lined triangular glass seed beads that are woven in a modification of Ecuadorian weave that I worked out to make a flower-like pattern. Each flower has a Swarovski crystal round bead in the center. The closure consists of a seed bead loop and a large glass flower bead that coordinates with the crystal beads. This is one bracelet that you will actually want the clasp to show.

This bracelet is about 7.5" (~19 cm) in length and 3/4" wide (19 mm) and will best fit wrists from about 6.5" to just over 7.0" (my wrist is 6.0" and this bracelet fits it a little more loosely than some people like, but it is acceptable as I cannot slip it over my hand).

The soothing color and the seed beads that seem to glow in the light make this a piece that is very pleasant to wear. I will send this one-of-a-kind bracelet in a gift box, all ready to work its charm on the person that receives it.

I have additional beaded bracelets in the bracelet section of my shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ClassyJewelryShop?section_id=11000906

No comments:

Post a Comment